Proof of concept gopher support

François Revol revol at free.fr
Fri Apr 22 20:49:54 BST 2011

Hi,
I started writing some gopher support code out of boredom...

http://revolf.free.fr/beos/shots/shot_netsurf_gopher_vs_fx2_001.png

Not too bad but the current code fails to handle items that are split over several chunks of incoming data, since it hooks into the curl fetcher.

On first hand I wanted to write a content renderer but it seems quite overkill for something that can easily be converted to html.
Though after looking at the css and image handlers I'm thinking maybe I could just fake one with only a convert function that would just replace itself with html content.
I'm not sure how to handle it without screwing up the internal state though...
possibly the html data could get the gopher source as parent content ?

François.