NetSurf Society AGM 2011 -- Agenda

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at netsurf-browser.org
Sat Apr 16 14:14:24 BST 2011


On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:41:34AM +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
[snip]

Attached is the log.

In summary,  the incumbent committee was reelected, we chose to concentrate on
LibDOM, Frames, Core/Frontend interface and content copying (for printing/pdf)
for the 3.0 release goals.

Zamez raised the valid point that one of our strengths is the shiny, so we'll
be putting as much in as we can, and we'll likely make shiny a release goal for
4.0.

D.

-- 
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69
-------------- next part --------------
13:59 <@Kinnison> Meeting begins.
14:00 <@Kinnison> All those present, please indicate such, providing you are a 
                  member of the NetSurf Society.
14:00 <@tlsa> here
14:00 < chris_y> present
14:00  * Kinnison waves.
14:00 <@kyllikki> yo!
14:00 <@jmb> hello
14:00 <@Kinnison> < rjek> Hello
14:00 < zamez> present from New York :)
14:00 <@Kinnison> < stevef> Hello
14:01 <@Kinnison> We are quorate
14:01 <@Kinnison> 1. Welcome
14:01 <@tlsa> Hello everyone, welcome to the AGM.
14:01 <@Kinnison> 2. Secretary's Report
14:01 <@Kinnison> Simply put -- Noone joined, so the membership is as per my 
                  email on the list.
14:01 <@Kinnison> 2. Treasurer's Report
14:02 <@jmb> http://vlists.pepperfish.net/pipermail/netsurf-dev-netsurf-browser.org/2011-March/002434.html
14:02 <@Kinnison> 3. Chairman's Report
14:02 <@tlsa> http://vlists.pepperfish.net/pipermail/netsurf-dev-netsurf-browser.org/2011-April/002450.html
14:02 <@Kinnison> 4. Committee Election
14:02 <@Kinnison> Incumbents nominated and seconded
14:02 <@Kinnison> All those in favour?
14:02 <@kyllikki> aye
14:02 < chris_y> aye
14:02 < zamez> aye
14:02 <@Kinnison> aye
14:02 <@tlsa> aye
14:02 <@jmb> aye
14:02 <@Kinnison> < rjek> aye
14:02 <@Kinnison> < stevef> aye
14:03 <@Kinnison> Caried.
14:03 <@Kinnison> Carried even
14:03 <@Kinnison> 5. Project steering
14:03 <@tlsa> There's some stuff on the end of my report
14:04 <@Kinnison> Does anyone object to the overall plan indicated in tlsa's 
                  report?
14:04 < chris_y> no
14:04 < zamez> no
14:04 <@kyllikki> no, looks good
14:04 <@Kinnison> Does anyone have any suggestions for proceeding to 3.0 ?  
                  Specifically we want to achieve libdom integration.  Anyone 
                  want to propose other release goals?
14:05  * Kinnison proposes:  Core->Frontend via vtable.
14:05 < chris_y> can we get content copying back in, for printing/pdf export?
14:05 <@kyllikki> already discussed the content stuff with jmb
14:05 <@kyllikki> it needs someone to actually do the copy bit
14:06 <@Kinnison> Release goals for 3.0 are:  LibDOM,  Content-copying to 
                  reenable printing/pdf and Core->Frontend vtable.   <--  State 
                  'Agree' or 'Disagree'
14:06 < chris_y> frames!
14:06 <@kyllikki> agree
14:07 <@Kinnison> Release goals for 3.0 are:  LibDOM,  Content-copying to 
                  reenable printing/pdf Frames->Core, and Core->Frontend 
                  vtable.   <--  State 'Agree' or 'Disagree'
14:07 <@tlsa> agree
14:07 < chris_y> agree now :)
14:07 <@kyllikki> I think thats good for me
14:08 < zamez> agree, and I also want to encourage cool new features
14:08 < zamez> I think that one of our strengths is that we can experiment 
               easily
14:08 <@Kinnison> New features are always encouraged, but not an explicit goal 
                  here :-)
14:08 <@tlsa> zamez: i think those are min requirements for us to call it "3.0"
14:08 <@Kinnison> I'd prefer to make shiny a goal for 4.0
14:08 < zamez> ok
14:08 <@Kinnison> since we'll be doing a shiny new layout engine then
14:09 <@jmb> shiny!
14:09 <@Kinnison> Okay, we're agreed on the minimum goals for 3.0
14:09 <@jmb> also," agree"
14:09 <@Kinnison> 6. A.O.B
14:09 <@Kinnison> Anyone have any other business to raise?
14:09 <@tlsa> nothing from me
14:09 < chris_y> no
14:09 <@kyllikki> no
14:09 <@Kinnison> 7. Closing
14:10 <@Kinnison> Everyone press Alt+F4
14:10 <@kyllikki> :-)
14:10 <@tlsa> Thanks everyone



More information about the netsurf-dev mailing list