NetSurf 2.5 release and current development status

Michael Drake tlsa at netsurf-browser.org
Tue Mar 30 11:25:06 BST 2010

As previously announced, we plan to release NetSurf 2.5 on the 24th April.

The new cache was merged over the weekend and NetSurf trunk is still
undergoing heavy development.  We hope to have the remaining known issues
relating to the new cache ironed out by the end of the week.

>From now until the release is made, development on trunk should focus on
fixing any bugs and smoothing out behaviour to ensure a solid release.  If
you are working on major new features or changes please put them on a
branch until after NetSurf 2.5 is released.

With the new cache, you should see some reductions in memory usage,
processor usage and fetch bandwidth.

Best regards,

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/