Possible issue with tree+textarea redraw?

Steve Fryatt lists at stevefryatt.org.uk
Mon Mar 22 23:35:07 GMT 2010

On 22 Mar, Michael Drake wrote in message
    <50fbfef5betlsa at netsurf-browser.org>:

> In article <mpro.kz1fr400scnts042g.lists at stevefryatt.org.uk>,
>    Steve Fryatt <lists at stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:
> > On 9 Mar, Michael Drake wrote in message
> >     <50f5563f1btlsa at netsurf-browser.org>:
>
> > > The recent URL thing was removed when the global history stuff was
> > > moved to the core, so the gright menu icon next to the URL bar in the
> > > RISC OS front end could be removed now.
>
> > Ah.  Was this intentional (and there's no easy way to re-implement it),
> > or is the missing-ness just the fact that I've commented out the
> > relevant code?
>
> It was intended to remove the feature, as URL completion works well
> enough. That was decided purely because it broke and there was noone to
> maintain the RISC OS front end though. We could keep it if you want. It's
> a feature of the front end, not a core thing.

OK.  I'll leave the icon in the templates for now, and return to it when I
tidy the templates up (I suspect that there might be some other unused bits
left over after all the changes are done).

> > -- Edit dialogue boxes in the hotlist.  I can't see any hooks in the
> > core to make these work, which is why I'd removed them for the time
> > being.  Is this something else that might need adding back into the
> > core, or have I just missed the interface?
>
> I think it's an omission in the core API.

Right.  Again, since it's not actually breaking anything, it's probably an
issue to return to once the more pressing stuff has been done.

> I saw your changes this weekend. It looks much better with some icons. :)

It does; people might be fooled into thinking it all works now. :-)

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/