Possible issue with tree+textarea redraw?

Steve Fryatt lists at stevefryatt.org.uk
Sun Mar 21 18:59:34 GMT 2010

On 22 Feb, John-Mark Bell wrote in message
    <1266881887.20513.183.camel at duiker>:

> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 23:30 +0000, Steve Fryatt wrote:
>
> > What's the correct format for specifying filenames to the core?  I'm
> > assuming it should be as a local URL, but so far I've not managed to
> > come up with something that is recognised.
>
> Yes, a file:/// URL is the correct answer.
>
> > My assumption (which doesn't seem to work) was something along the lines
> > of
> >
> >   file://NetSurf:Resources/Icons/
>
> file:///NetSurf:/Resources/Icons/ is probably what you want.

Just for completeness, the issue here seems to be that the various
_initialise() functions for the treeview modules (cookies_initialise(), etc)
need be called from gui_init2() after the content fetchers have been set up.
 When called from gui_init(), as they were in the RISC OS front-end, the
content system can't fetch the graphics that early in the process and so
flags them all up as having errors.

Given that I don't fully understand the browser core yet, does this
explanation sound vaguely sane or have I just stumbled across a fix by
accident?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/