Implementing SHIFT modifier for URL input

m0n0 ole at monochrom.net
Thu Jul 1 23:28:08 BST 2010

Hello to the list,

I was trying to utilise Shift-key for the framebuffer URL input widget.
Then I figured out that an static translation table is used by
fbtk_keycode_to_ucs4() ... Is there any wish on how to change that?

My first idea was an mapping file which could be placed into the .netsurf
directory. What do you think about it?

I think making this dynamic is important, because with german keyboards
you aren't able to enter ":" - which is really needed for entering urls
which begin with https:// ... - I believe there are more languages which
aren't able to input ":" with that static table...

Greets,
Ole