r9965 vince - in /trunk/netsurf/desktop: browser.c browser.h

Vincent Sanders vince at kyllikki.org
Thu Feb 11 11:01:03 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:38:54AM +0000, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:37:07PM -0000, netsurf at semichrome.net wrote:
> > +	bw->status_text = NULL;
> > +	bw->status_text_len = 0;
>
> I see no initialisation of status_match or status_miss
>
> >  void browser_window_set_status(struct browser_window *bw, const char *text)
>
> > +	if ((bw->status_text == NULL) || (bw->status_text_len < text_len)) {
> > +		/* no current string allocation or it is not long enough */
> > +		free(bw->status_text);
>
> While free(NULL) is defined to be safe -- are we certain it is on all platforms
> we port to?

A good question...I kinda assumed the C default behaviour...ummm if
anyone has an issue with this in a build can they let me know? if it
is an issue I will of course fix it.

> > Modified: trunk/netsurf/desktop/browser.h
> > +
> > +        /** cache of the currently displayed status text. */
> > +	char *status_text;
> > +	int status_text_len;
> > +	int status_match;
> > +	int status_miss;
>
> The incorrect indentation indicates that the comment was space-indented rather than tabbed, and the three ints lack documentation strings.
>
> How about:
>
> 	char *status_text; /**< Current status bar text. */
> 	int status_text_len; /**< Length of the ::status_text buffer. */
> 	int status_match; /**< Number of times an idempotent status-set operation was performed. */
> 	int status_miss; /**< Number of times status was really updated. */
>
> ?

all applied and the indentation/whitespace damage of the whole file
fixed, cheers Daniel

--
Regards Vincent
http://www.kyllikki.org/