AmigaOS 3 port of NetSurf concerns

Chris Young chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 22:59:43 GMT 2010

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:33:19 +0200, Bernd Roesch wrote:

> so there need not write and keep upto date a own plotter interface.

You don't need to anyway - it could share the OS4 one, which defaults
to using layers.library and graphics.library.  The MorphOS version
nicked it verbatim sans credits (something which I'm not impressed
with - I've no problem with the code being used, it's GPL after all,
but don't pass it off as your own work) and there's no reason why it
wouldn't work on OS3 too.

> When
> netsurf get a command interface, then it can embed in mailer or other
> software.

Does it need to _all_ be embedded?  Surely only the render area needs
embedding, any back button or URL bar - if needed - would be part of
the embedder's GUI.

Chris