Hotlist launch behaviour

Michael Drake tlsa at netsurf-browser.org
Sun Sep 27 16:20:09 BST 2009

In article <27de51a150.wra1th at wra1th.plus.com>,
   Gavin Wraith <gavin at wra1th.plus.com> wrote:

> Aplogies if this topic has already been covered. I searched the archive
> on 'hotlist' but did not find anything relevant.

The hotlist's behaviour is documented in the user guide:

http://www.netsurf-browser.org/documentation/guide#HotlistToolbar

> I note that if one selects a directory in the hotlist and then launches
> it then all the urls within it, and in its subdirectories recursively,
> are launched; each in its own window. Can this really be the intended
> behaviour?

Yes, that's how it was designed. The normal way to either launch a single
entry or to open a directory is to double click it. The launch toolbar
icon and menu option is mostly for launching multiple URLs. (e.g. a
selection or a directory.)

Launching a directory of entries is useful if there are several sites you
frequently visit. You can just launch one directory containing all those
regularly-visited sites.

> The effect is to cause a crash: I cannot then quit NetSurf from either
> the iconbar or from the TaskManager window.

It used to work well, but at the moment we have known cache problems,
which quickly use up loads of memory.

Best regards,

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/