netsurf need more than 150 megabyte RAM to show some small pages

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Sat Nov 28 00:11:14 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 14:42 +0200, Bernd Roesch wrote:
> Hello
>
> > In article <yam11652.2638.272866296 at mail.gmx.net>,
> >   Bernd Roesch <nospamname at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Hello
> >
> >> On many youtube sites netsurf use lots of ram to display the site.
> >
> > In current development builds, content caching is totally broken, so we
> > keep multiple copies of the same thing in memory.
>
> Is it possible to switch off the cache complete for testing ?.

Not without modifying the source code, no. However, as Michael has
already pointed out, NetSurf's cache is currently broken, such that it
is extremely unlikely that anything is actually retrieved from the
cache. Fixing this is non-trivial, and no, there is no "quick-fix
hack" (even if there were, I'd strongly oppose its inclusion).

J.