Netsurf for the nintendo ds

Bernd Roesch nospamname at gmx.de
Fri Dec 11 07:52:48 GMT 2009

Hello

On 10.12.09, you wrote:

> Will it be hard/a lot of work to port/use Netsurf for the nintendo ds ?

I think that netsurf SDL is far the most easy portable browser thats in the
world currently

> I gave it a go and...if I'm not mistaken, I have to set up pkg-config,
> perl and to build all the specific netsurf libraries (libcss, libnsbmp,

you need no pkg-config and pearl on the compile platform.for amigaos 68k the
makefile is change so
netsurf can compile without it.in libnsfb, libhubbub, libcss other netsurf
libs need no pkgconfig files

I see on some other programs they have configure and there is a option to
switch off the pkgcheck.maybe such a option can add in netsurf makefile too,
so no hand changes are need.

maybe its some how possible to get the pkgconfig files working, but i dont
understand wy should do this much additional work, most time i notice that
the scripts that look for libs fail, some work.

.in netsurf docu stand what libs are need and when there still is miss
something, the copy of the error message
a compile give, put to google and search get the answer what lib is miss

here is the AOS snippet of makefile

#
# Framebuffer target setup
#

ifeq ($(TARGET),framebuffer)

  $(eval $(call feature_enabled,MNG,-DWITH_MNG,-lmng -ljpeg,PNG support))
  $(eval $(call feature_enabled,PNG,-DWITH_PNG,-lpng,PNG support))
  $(eval $(call feature_enabled,BMP,-DWITH_BMP,-lnsbmp,NetSurf BMP decoder))
  $(eval $(call feature_enabled,GIF,-DWITH_GIF,-lnsgif,NetSurf GIF decoder))

   LDFLAGS +=  -lpng -lmng -ljpeg
   CFLAGS += -DWITH_PNG -DWITH_MNG -DWITH_BMP -DWITH_GIF
  ifeq ($(NETSURF_FB_FONTLIB),freetype)
    CFLAGS += -DFB_USE_FREETYPE -I$prefix/include/freetype2
    #$(shell freetype-config --cflags)
    #LDFLAGS += $(shell freetype-config --libs)
    LDFLAGS += -lfreetype
  endif

  # define additional CFLAGS and LDFLAGS requirements for pkg-configed libs
here
  NETSURF_FEATURE_RSVG_CFLAGS := -DWITH_RSVG
  NETSURF_FEATURE_HUBBUB_CFLAGS := -DWITH_HUBBUB
  NETSURF_FEATURE_BMP_CFLAGS := -DWITH_BMP
  NETSURF_FEATURE_GIF_CFLAGS := -DWITH_GIF

  CFLAGS += -Dnsframebuffer
'-DNETSURF_FB_RESPATH="$(NETSURF_FB_RESPATH_$(NETSURF_FB_FRONTEND))"'

CC := m68k-amigaos-gcc -V 4.5.0
#$(WARNFLAGS)
  CFLAGS += -I./include -std=c99 -O3 -m68040 -mnobitfield
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-unsigned-char\
            -DLIBXML_HTML_ENABLED -DPATH_MAX=1024 -I. -Dsmall \
        -D_BSD_SOURCE \
        -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 \
        -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L  \

  LDFLAGS += -L./lib -Wl,--whole-archive -lnsfb -Wl,--no-whole-archive
  LDFLAGS += -lsdl -lgl_dummy -ldebug  -m68040
ifeq ($(NETSURF_USE_LIBTHEME),)
  LDFLAGS += -ltheme
endif
  LDFLAGS += -lxml2 -lcurl -liconv -lnsbmp -lnsgif
  LDFLAGS += -lssl -lcrypto -lhubbub -lcss -lparserutils -lwapcaplet -lamiga
endif

> hubub,libwapcaplet,libnsfb, etc) before I can give a try at building
> netsurf, right ?

Yes

> (I'm a bit at a loss, what to do with the makefile files that come with
> the netsurf/library source code...)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Olivier Binda

Regards