r9034 MarkieB - in /branches/MarkieB/gtkmain: content/fetchcache.c desktop/save_complete.c

Chris Young chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 18:54:45 BST 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:13:13 +0200, Mark wrote:

> Chris, when you've got 10 minutes spare, the Amiga search code in
> gtkmain branch has now changed, it should really be checked for a
> compile at the very least;

It has knocked something else out:

amiga/fetch_file.c: In function 'ami_fetch_file_send_callback':
amiga/fetch_file.c:222: error: too few arguments to function 'fetch_send_callback'

I saw errors for amiga/search.c on the way up the screen, but can't
scroll back now to find out what they were :(

> For the longer term, I was looking at alternative ways to compile for
> Amiga I see there's Aros, is that a worthwhile environment to organise
> for testing NetSurf in Amiga?

It won't work (or compile for) AROS, as that is designed to be
API-compatible with AmigaOS 3.1 (I think) and I use new AmigaOS
4.0 calls in several places.

If you want to modify it to work on AmigaOS 3.1 and AROS, that's a
completely new project :)  AmigaOS 3.9 compatibility should be
obtainable without too many changes, but again that's extra work (but
has the advantage of being able to be compiled and tested within UAE)

The only option is to compile within OS4, or to set up a cross-compile
environment in Linux.

Regards
Chris