Porting to Syllable

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Oct 10 15:33:52 BST 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, John-Mark Bell wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 demetrioussharpe at netscape.net wrote:
>
>> We may be able to use the same directory in Syllable.? Though, I'd rather a
>> custom solution, sometimes it's better to follow the crowd in situations
>> like this.
>
> Well, as Rob's already said, you can modify the place where lemon looks for
> lempar.c in its source code. Simply change that to something appropriate for
> your platform.

For clarity,

Change line 3065 of lemon.c from:

   static char templatename[] = "lempar.c";

   static char templatename[] = "/path/to/installed/lempar.c";

where "/path/to/installed/" is the location you intend to install lempar.c
globally on Syllable. On Linux, this would be something like
"/usr/local/share/lemon/".

J.