Porting to Syllable

Rob Kendrick rjek at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Oct 10 14:35:54 BST 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:21:11 -0400
demetrioussharpe at netscape.net wrote:

>  My apologies, in my haste, I listed the wrong SQL project.? However,
> I was on the correct page for Lemon before I my first email to the
> NetSurf list.? However, on that page, I found 2 source files, no
> makefile, and no clear direction on how it should be built
> correctly.? Also, there was no binary, though that wouldn't matter in
> the case of Syllable, because my point is to create a Syllable
> binary.? Do you have any additional help and advice for porting
> NetSurf over to Syllable?? I have been through the NetSurf mailing
> archives to find what I could.

As I said, it's a single C source file, and a runtime data file.  To
compile it;

	cc -o lemon lemon.c

That's it.  The lempar.c file is used as a "template" for the generated
code.  I seem to recall that you can either install this in a location
and modify lemon.c to find it, or simply putting it in the same
directory as our parser's source.

B.