NetSurf Fails on Fedora 9

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Sun May 4 19:28:58 BST 2008

On Sun, 4 May 2008, Leon Stringer wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. So basically this is working by accident with
> Fedora 8 and earlier and won't work with Fedora 9 and later (and
> possibly other distros). With this in mind, although I appreciate it's
> not a NetSurf bug, I've filed this as a bug
> (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=464312&aid=1957289&group_id=51719)
> as presumably it's something to be aware of...

Ta. I think the long-term fix is to add appropriate API to libcurl to
either a) export the underlying SSL library handle, regardless of which
SSL implementation is in use or b) provide a generic mechanism for
querying certificate details.

I guess a short-term fix would be to dynamically disable access to sites
with invalid certificates in NetSurf if we can't get the SSL handle.
That's not particularly user-friendly, however.

John.