Printing variables with printf()

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 31 22:03:09 BST 2008

Hi,

I apologise if this question doesn't quite belong here, but I'm so
baffled by this I have to ask someone.

I was going to have a look at the NetSurf code and see if I could fix a
problem I had noticed (I've logged it too).

Being simple, I thought I could just stick printf()s in to watch
variables but I can't get it to print integer values. What on Earth's
going on?

Let's say in gtk/gtk_options.c I insert the following at line 144:

     printf("%d\n", proxytype);

I see nothing. Something like

     printf("test\n");

works fine. I realise this is elementary stuff but it's doing my head
in. Is printf() overridden somewhere? Is there some other strange thing
I don't know about?

I'm building the GTK version on Fedora 7.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Leon...