Cookie control and interface

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 11:14:41 GMT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:58:09 -0000 (UTC), "Matthew Hambley"
<lists at aether.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I have held off mentioning this so far as I don't have time to work on it
> myself. However I see jmb has just committed a patch relating to cookies
> so maybe these ideas can feed into that work.

That's unlikely -- I'm simply working on improving the cookie parser.
There's a whole bunch of cookie-related UI work to be done (e.g. actually
asking the user whether they want to accept an invalid cookie), but I'm not
the person to be doing that -- not least as I no longer have a working RISC
OS setup.

> I would like to see a mechanism where cookies are accepted and rejected
> based on the URL of their parent server.

Well, the urldb we have provides the framework for URL-specific
configuration, be that on an entity-based level or for an entire host/set
of hosts. "All" it requires is for someone to write the appropriate code to
make use of it.

Cheers,

John.