Netsurf on Linux PDA (ipaq h2200 + Angstrom)

Rob Kendrick rjek at netsurf-browser.org
Sat Feb 23 16:08:41 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 18:47 +0300, Dmitry Artamonow wrote:

<snip>

> On "big  PC" netsurf's window can't be resized less than about 488 pixels
> width, so I guessed that it's hardcoded somewhere. After some poking at
> the code i finally found the place - it was in glade file, the width of
> statusbar label, measured in chars! After removing this property of label,
> scrollbars finally appeared:
> http://mad.is-a-geek.org/netsurf/netsurf-patched.png

Looks good: I'm sure there's a reason that 50 is there (I seem to recall
some versions of GTK making that label invisibly tiny by default mean
people don't realise it's even there!).

I'm currently at FOSDEM, and for some reason I can't get to NetSurf's
Subversion from ULB, the host university.  I'll try to investigate this
when I get back to the UK or sooner if I can, and apply your patch to
our repository.

> I'm planning to submit my building recipes to OpenEmbedded soon,
> so other PDA users could enjoy Netsurf on their PDAs too.

Yes: the reason I originally got involved in the project was to have a
faster browser for my NetBook Pro.

B.