Wakefield 2007

Rob Kendrick rjek at netsurf-browser.org
Sun Mar 18 21:40:26 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 21:08 +0000, Michael Drake wrote:

> Richard got sent some bumf by the show organisers, so we can book a
> stand.

I understand that this is in the form of an application form?  Can we
just email the required details to the organisers?

> Who'll be able to get to the show this year? I will almost certainly
> be going.

I imagine myself and Dan will be, given it's only an hour or so's drive
away.

> The posters used at previous shows have the old URL, so new posters
> are needed. We'll need some computers and maybe an internet connection
> too. Anything else?

I still have the A9 Home on loan from Advantage Six, and the TFT we
usually use for such things.  I can also bring along a meaty UNIX box
for doing builds on, so we can do small amounts of debugging at the
show, like we did last year.  We might also be able to arrange some GPRS
internet access like we did last year, too - although this is never
reliable due to mobile telecos sucking.

Stuart Tyrell tried to get some 3G internet access going at the Brum
show in October, and was willing to share it with us he if got it
working, which he didn't.  He might be trying again at Wakefield.

> At some show it was said that we were aiming to release 1.0 in six
> months. That time expires at the end of April. I think Wakefield would
> be a good date to aim for, if we can do it.

I agree.

B.