Website improvements

Michael Drake tlsa at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Jun 22 16:43:23 BST 2007

In article <200706171013.31748 at zamez.strcprstskrzkrk.co.uk>,
   James Bursa <james at netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> The website is due for improvements in content, navigation, and design.

We should also work out what to do with the documentation. We could try to
make the documentation multi-platform or have separate documentation for
different builds.

I'm beginning to think that a mixture of the two approaches would work.

The user guide could be multi-platform, with any differences in the two
versions covered. Stuff like the progress page could also easily be
multi-platform, like the old development plan page.

The user info page would probably be best to be platform specific, I
think. i.e. we'd have different user info pages for each platform.

I also think we could put a multi-platform welcome page on
http://www.netsurf-browser.org/welcome

That could be used if the platform's build doesn't have its own welcome
page. Currently nsgtk just uses the NetSurf site home page, which isn't
ideal. Well, I miss stuff like the Google, BBC News, Slashdot, Drobe and
Iconbar links and Google search box provided on the RISC OS build's
welcome page.

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/