Mailing lists

Michael Drake tlsa at netsurf-browser.org
Tue Jul 3 12:34:24 BST 2007

In article <4ef47906a1tlsa at netsurf-browser.org>,
   Michael Drake <tlsa at netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> A few mailing list related things that I think should be done:

> It would be good if the mailing list URL was shorter for e-mail / usenet
> posts. Maybe we could have redirects from
> http://www.netsurf-browser.org/lists/netsurf-users
> http://www.netsurf-browser.org/lists/netsurf-dev
> http://www.netsurf-browser.org/lists/netsurf-commits

This is now done, thanks Daniel.

> It would be good to get r-netsurf linking to mailing list posts in IRC,
> for the -users and -dev lists. If we can't get mailman to generate an RSS
> feed for us, I could register the lists with GMANE.

This is now done. Could you add the GMANE RSS feed for -users to
r-netsurf, James?

> Finally, can SVN be updated to post to the new commits list? I never
> joined the old one but I am on the new one. :)

This has been done now.

I still think the new mailing lists should have a bit added automatically
to the end of each post, like the old one did, such as:

[start]

[end]

and, for the developer's list:

[start]

[end]

Possibly similar for the commits list too. It means that people who have
arrived at a web archive page of a posting have access to some context of
what NetSurf is about.

Best regards,

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/