Fwd: NetSurf Licence

Michael Drake tlsa at netsurf-browser.org
Tue Aug 7 00:56:35 BST 2007

------ Forwarded message  ------
From: Bruno D'Arcangeli <bruno at arcangeli.org>
Date: 01 Aug 2007 1345
Subject: NetSurf Licence

Michael Drake à écrit:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to keep pestering you all but we still need replies from the
> following people:
>
>    People                 Issues we need a response for
>    ----------------------------------------------------
>    Stefaan Claes          1, 2, 3
>    Andrew Timmins         1, 2, 3
>    Bruno D'Arcangeli      1, 2, 3, 4
>    Gerard van Katwijk     1, 2, 3, 4
>    Jerome Mathevet        1, 2, 3, 4
>    Rob Jackson            2 (see note)
>

> Before we can release NetSurf 1.1 we need to sort out NetSurf's license.
> The following has been proposed:
>
>    1) Formalise GPL version 2 as being the GPL version which NetSurf is
>       licensed under. This may be found at
>       http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
>
>    2) Come to an agreement about whether to permit the user to relicense
>       the software under future GPL versions.  For reference, GPL version
>       3 has been recently released. This may be found at
>       http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
>       * SEE NOTE BELOW *
>
>    3) Include a specific exemption to permit linking against OpenSSL.
>
>    4) License the Messages files, window templates and documentation under
>       the GPL, as per proposals 1-3.
>
> NOTE: On point 2, please indicate one of the following:
>
>    a) Yes, I want the relicensing clause and would object if
>       it's not present.
>
>    b) Yes, I'd like the clause but am not sufficiently bothered
>       to raise an objection if there is none.
>
>    c) No, I'd prefer the clause wasn't present but am not
>       sufficiently bothered to raise an objection if it is present.
>
>    d) No, I do not want the relicensing clause at all and would
>       object if it were present.
>
>    e) I don't mind either way.
>
> Please could you let us know if you agree to the proposals which are
> relevant to you and in the case of proposal 2, please choose one of 'a',
> 'b', 'c', 'd' or 'e'.

HI,

Sorry for my late response to this, but i do not use RISC OS anymore.
I've made some french translation for NetSurf some times ago.
Do what you think is the best for this very good app (as i can
remember).
Do what you want with my translation work (messages and templates
files). My work for OSS project are always free.

Best regards,

Bruno

------ End forwarded message ------

--