[lowrisc-dev] FPGA utilization stats

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 17:27:11 GMT 2019

The GUI will open if you use the 'make vivado' target in
fpga/board/nexys4ddr

This provides access to a number of reports that will not be available
from the command line.

It is possible to run the report that you want, then save the .tcl
commands that generate that report

for future command line use and regression testing, also area
utilization reports have an option

to save to a separate file rather than just display in a GUI tab. You
also need this method to diagnose

any timing errors that might crop up from time to time or if your
changed something.