[lowrisc-dev] boot linux directly from DDR, (no sdcard)

Anup Kini anupkini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:57:07 GMT 2018

Thank You Jonathan for the explanation.
It looks rather cumbersome to go ahead with this option.

I looked at the Flash & Jump baremetal examples in v0.5.
I was wondering if we could use the onboard 1Gbit QSPI Flash in place of
the SD Card.

I tried to load the VMLINUX and BBL file directly using Xilinx Hardware
Manager, but the tool expects a bin file.
Something similar to zImage for ZYNQ.

is it possible to boot lowRISC using the onboard QSPI Flash?

Thanks & Regards,
Anup Kini.