[lowrisc-dev] upgrading lowrisc sd/mmc to eMMC (and SPI)

Alex Bradbury asb at lowrisc.org
Fri Mar 2 17:56:44 GMT 2018

On 28 February 2018 at 20:10, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> http://libre-riscv.org/shakti/m_class/sdmmc/
>
> ok so i am talking to rudolf from asics.ws, and for the shakti m_class
> core it needs to have eMMC.  would it be of interest to lowRISC to
> have eMMC (8-bit SD/MMC), and if so would the CIC behind lowRISC be
> interested to share the development cost for rudolf's time?

Hi Luke. It sounds like an interesting project and it would be great
to see a free implementation of support for this interface. However I
suspect 8-bit wide eMMC is far enough down our own list of priorities
(vs available funding) that it would be difficult to provide financial
support. If you'd like to discuss more, please drop me an email
off-list.