[lowrisc-dev] need help with dram test - untether - v0.2

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 14:46:42 GMT 2018

I don't have any experience with the Nexys4. I am using the Nexys4DDR
which is substantially different.

It is possible to run a simulation using
src/test/verilog/sd_verilator_model.sv (from the ethernet-v0.5 release)

Of course this model will not be exactly the same as the card you want
to use. The fault might be in the way

that the card is put into SPI mode. This is one reason why we have moved
to an SD driver and hardware in the

latest release. You could retrofit SD mode to the v0.2 release, but why
would you not want all the bug fixes and

improvements from the latest release ? Usually the SPI mode is triggered
by a particular pin being pulled as reset.

I can't remember more details than that, but it is well explained in the
databooks.