[lowrisc-dev] Re: make cpio error

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 28 08:44:25 GMT 2018

As discussed in the archives of this mailing list and in the lowrisc
documentation,

The Debian build procedure can occasionally fail because it is based on
the unstable distribution.

In this case the workaround is to use the pre-build archives from
github, as discussed in the

quickstart page. Meanwhile I will attempt to reproduce your result and
see if omitting some optional

package or changing the instructions will solve the problem.

pre-build rootfs is here:
https://github.com/lowRISC/lowrisc-chip/releases/download/v0.6-rc4/rootfs.tar.xz