[lowrisc-dev] Support for Fedora / compressed extension

Tommy Thorn tommy at thorn.ws
Sun Apr 1 23:57:06 BST 2018

FWIW, I agree.  It was decided prematurely at a time where all implementations were fairly simple and for which C does not carry as much burden.

It is the greatest irony that RISC-V went to great length to avoid the pitfalls that burden superscalar implementation - and then went on to imposed variable length instructions, split over cache lines.

:face-palm:

Tommy