[lowrisc-dev] Re: [sw-dev] RISC-V LLVM status update

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Wed Sep 6 16:08:34 BST 2017

On 6 September 2017 at 16:02, David Chisnall
<David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 6 Sep 2017, at 15:21, Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury.org> wrote:
>>
>> Sadly, the lack of review activity remains a major barrier to getting
>> the patchset merged upstream.
>
> Note that LLVM permits post-commit review at the discretion of the code owner.  I’d suggest that you request permission to do this from the designated code owner for the RISC-V back end.  He’s some guy called Alex Bradbury, maybe you know him?

It's possible I misunderstood the review policy here, but I understood
that it is considered inappropriate to switch to post-commit review
after the code review process has been started. I agree, many future
patches might be best off going in with post-commit review. This would
be a shame, as when reviewers have waded in I've always had useful
feedback which has improved code quality.