[lowrisc-dev] How to Contribute?

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 29 07:59:12 BST 2017

Take a look at the comments here:

http://www.lowrisc.org/docs/minion-v0.4/environment/

and then, if you have further difficulty, write explicitly as to the
error message you get or give further detail.

Also have regard to the following:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54242.html

The difficulty is, commercial software takes a long time to write and
porting to a new machine requires resources. The chief
difficulty is that Vivado incorporates certain old copies of O/S
libraries for its own use. This breaks standard O/S utilities if they
accidentally make use of those old libraries. This is controlled by the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. I recommend a wrapper script that
sets the environment, but Vivado initialization scripts set this
variable in the top level environment. Obviously his is a big problem
when many incompatible CAD vendors coexist on one machine.

Also, if you have an Intel Skylake processor, you could have problems
with microcode bugs (disable hyperthreading in this case).