[lowrisc-dev] Ethernet Support

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 14 22:46:29 BST 2017

Dear Sean,
  I am actively working on Ethernet support for lowRISC, it will be a software intensive implementation that can only run with Linux as the network stack. At this stage I have arp requests coming in to the stack, a reply is generated, but this is lost because my hardware is broken. Assuming I can overcome this problem quickly, it will still require a lot of optimisation to be useable as a server, because of issues making sure packets are not lost in hardware unnecessarily.

Another limitation is 100MHz only on nexys4ddr boards only.

Regards,
Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone