[lowrisc-dev] FPGA Recommendation

Wei Song ws327 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 10:20:02 BST 2017

Hello Alisson,

This is not a direct recommendation but just a note.
We do not support the Xilinx zc706 dev board. To be more specific, we do
not direct support any Zynq FPGA after our 2016 releases. Recently
Furkan has ported out debug-v0.3 to Zedboard, but the ARM core is not used.

For lowRISC, we would recommend pure FPGA dev boards which use Kintex or
Virtex FPGAs.
The recommended board right now is Nexys4-DDR, which still has around
30% area left if you get rid of the tagged memory, minion and trace
debugger. I think this might be enough to have a BOOM core replacing the
Rocket one.
The price for Nexys4-DDR is around 320 USD from Digilent.

Best regards,
Wei