Fwd: [lowrisc-dev] Multiple Rockets and Minions memory hierarchy

Daniel Follesø danielfollesoe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 00:28:32 BST 2017

Hi.
Regarding the Nexys Video card I see two possibilities for an improved
debug link. The DPTI/ DSPI link (See section 7 of "https://reference.
digilentinc.com/_media/nexys-video:nexys_video_rm.pdf")
I have run some basic loopback tests over DPTI at speed up to 5 MB/s using
the demo that comes with Digient ADEPT 2. Have also found a an AXI
component of DPTI Written in VHDL :"https://github.com/Digilent/
vivado-library/tree/master/ip/AXI_DPTI_1.0". Drivers for the FT2232H chip
is needed. FTDI makes their closed drivers "D2XX". An open alternative is
"libFTDI".
Here is a "proof of consept" that got me started:
"*http://steckdenis.be/post-2016-06-25-fast-usb-connection-on-the-nexys-video-using-ft2232h.html
<http://steckdenis.be/post-2016-06-25-fast-usb-connection-on-the-nexys-video-using-ft2232h.html>*
".
In addition i have looked at Ethernet interface with the card. Have found
some resources on git specifically targets the Nexys Video Ethernet module.
These are described using VHDL, so might need some rewriting. I have some
experience working with VHDL and have done some translation from verilog to
VDHL av few years ago.
Just some thoughts on ways to get support for the much more capable Nexys
Video.

--Daniel