[lowrisc-dev] How to Contribute?

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 20 10:45:19 BST 2017

Dear Mahesh,

This seems a very broad question, a mailing list might not be the best
medium to address it. I would suggest browsing the archives of this list
and the mailing list riscv-hw-dev. You can look at the vcd dumps from
simulation and probe the various signals using gtkwave and compare what
you see with browsing the Verilog source code. You can also take a look
at the Chisel source and envisage the various configurations that are
possible, You can read papers written by the RISCV authors and access
their conference presentations in Powerpoint slide format. If more
background is needed there are books such as:

Computer Organization and Design RISC-V Edition: The Hardware Software
Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and
Design) Paperback – 22 May 2017
by David A. Patterson (Author), John L. Hennessy (Author)

However I am not affiliated with or marketing any specific book.

Regards,

Jonathan