[lowrisc-dev] RISC-V tools build error

Mahesh Dananjaya dananjayamahesh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 07:36:07 BST 2017

Hi,
Now I am trying to compile the linux kernal according to [1]. But get an
error at the line

make ARCH=riscv -j vmlinux

This is what i get.

 CHK     include/config/kernel.release
  CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
  CC      scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
In file included from include/linux/compiler.h:54:0,
                 from include/uapi/linux/stddef.h:1,
                 from include/linux/stddef.h:4,
                 from
/home/mahesh/paraqum/repos/lowrisc/lowrisc-chip/riscv-tools/linux-3.14.41/include/uapi/linux/posix_types.h:4,
                 from include/uapi/linux/types.h:13,
                 from include/linux/types.h:5,
                 from include/linux/mod_devicetable.h:11,
                 from scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.c:2:
include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:106:30: fatal error:
linux/compiler-gcc6.h: No such file or directory
 #include gcc_header(__GNUC__)
                              ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s] Error 1
make[1]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make: *** [scripts] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I have noticed that linux/compiler-gcc6.h is not in the specified folder. I
appreciate any information regarding this.Thanks.
BR,
Mahesh

[1] http://www.lowrisc.org/docs/untether-v0.2/linux_compile/

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Mahesh Dananjaya <dananjayamahesh at gmail.com