[lowrisc-dev] Re: [sw-dev] RISC-V LLVM status update

Angelo Bulfone mbulfone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 02:20:56 BST 2017

Hi David. I'll check out that branch. Would you mind giving a brief summery
of the differences between that fork and Alex's patches?
I'm personally big on OS development, so while I'm not big on embedded
development or have a hifive board, I am interested in writing a kernel
from scratch to support RISC-V from the start. As for Rust, it's basically
a dream come true for me to have memory safety and a freestanding runtime.
If I can find another language with those, I might try them out. The fact
that LLVM is being worked on for RISC-V means that many languages now
become available for development for RISC-V.