[lowrisc-dev] KC705 support

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 22 11:29:15 BST 2017

The KC705 .xdc file mentions two signals

set_property PACKAGE_PIN M19 [get_ports USB_TX]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS25 [get_ports USB_TX]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN K23 [get_ports USB_RTS]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS25 [get_ports USB_RTS]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN K24 [get_ports USB_RX]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS25 [get_ports USB_RX]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN L27 [get_ports USB_CTS]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS25 [get_ports USB_CTS]

You will note that the sense is the opposite of what a rational person
would do
(i.e. it refers to the PC side). This may mean you need to reverse the
sense of
CTS and RTS. Referring to the circuit diagram from the Xilinx website
might help here.

Also the SD interface needs a reset. I have tentatively connected this to

set_property PACKAGE_PIN Y21 [get_ports sd_reset]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS25 [get_ports sd_reset]

but in the Xilinx .xdc file, this is identified as SDIO_SDWP

The SD/MMC card specification history has a long history of changing
names, so this also
needs careful review.

Getting these pins to actually work in hardware is another matter as
Stefan points out.

Jonathan