[lowrisc-dev] How to Contribute?

Dr Jonathan Kimmitt jrrk2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 17 09:32:31 BST 2017

Dear Mahesh,

This is the most economic board that we support or plan to support. When
you are more experienced you can attempt the advanced task of porting
our design or parts of it to a newer and potentially more economical
board. This has already been done for the Zedboard and our debug-v0.3
release. You can read about it here:

https://github.com/furkanturan/lowrisc-zed

Remember this is not an easy task. You need to consider the FPGA size
and manufacturer, the data sheets for the peripherals, clocking,
constraints, testing, simulation, synthesis, and software changes, as
well documenting what you have done and merging with other ports in a
compatible manner (not to mention discovering and correcting the
information you are given if necessary).

Regards,

Jonathan