[lowrisc-dev] What are you working on this week?

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:14:32 BST 2016

Hi,

So last week, I added 26 (out of 40?) CHERI instructions to binutils
and spike. No checking for exceptions yet, just simulating the
expected behavior of instructions. Currently testing using an assembly
program. Would be good if there's already some assembly regression
test that I can use (or port), I'll have to check.

This week I am going to work on the remaining instructions, and if
there is enough time, I'll start accounting for CHERI exceptions for
each instruction and how to integrate them into RISC-V exceptions.

Best,
Hesham

--
Hesham