[lowrisc-dev] Can't execute SD card example on Nexys4 DDR

Wei Song ws327 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 10:49:08 BST 2016

Hello Alexis Ramos Amo,

microSD is supported using a SPI interface and driving the the SD using
a FatFS through the SPI mode.
UART is also supported as well, both read and write (the error message
is actually comes from UART).
Configuring FPGA using PROG/UART and SD has been tested, which should
work out of the box.

Not sure about configuration from Flash but I think it is OK.
You can see the error message, meaning the FPGA is configured.

I do not think you need to change the f_mount().
f_mount() happens after the FPGA is configured.

Have you changed any hardware design related to the SPI interface used
by the SD or any C code related to SPI and FatFS?
It feels like something conflicting with the SPI interface.

-Wei