[lowrisc-dev] GSoC16 : A virtual platform for lowRISC SoC ?

Guillaume Delbergue guillaume.delbergue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:18:45 GMT 2016

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer.
The idea is not to model only the core, but the entire platform, to build a
complete virtual platform of the entire SoC.
I mean the virtual platform will include the core model and the
“peripherals” models like IRQ, Timer, UART, I2C, SPI, …
UART / I2C / SPI IP… should export a TLM interface for their protocol.
Then, these TLM interfaces could be connected to a backend for interaction.
(or potentially connected to real hardware for example)
As you said USB and PCIe could be really interesting and a good challenge.
It can be a part of the plan.

Regards,

Guillaume Delbergue