[lowrisc-dev] Re: GSOC 2016 Aspirant for Improving device-tree support for the Linux RISC-V port

Roy Spliet Roy.Spliet at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 11:50:30 GMT 2016

Dear Saket,

Thanks for taking your time to read the manual.
Wrt. discussing the topic, let me remind you that GSoC is a program that
gives you the opportunity to contribute to open-source projects. The
lowRISC community have given some inspirational ideas, but it's up to
you to define your topic and propose a project.
Here's some broader questions that you might want to answer for yourself
before we can discuss any technical details: What would be your
project's end goal (and how would you show it)? Where are the challenges
in this project? How do you think this problem breaks down in manageable
chunks? How are you going to tackle them? What do you intend to learn
from your attempt in doing so?
I hope this helps you get on the right track for the application
procedure. Yours,

Roy