[lowrisc-dev] [GSoC 2016] Format regulations for proposals?

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Fri Mar 4 14:02:58 GMT 2016

On 4 March 2016 at 13:20, Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the guide, it is said that "Most organizations accept only plain
> text applications. Most organizations have a required application
> format. Many organizations have application length limits."
>
> I can't find such information for lowRISC on
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6271463900315648/
> nor http://www.lowrisc.org/docs/gsoc-2016-ideas/ .
> Did I overlook something, or will the information be available when
> starting student application period?

Hi Masanori. This year, GSoC's submission system is hosted on a new
system (rather than the older 'Melange'). I'm not sure if there are
planned changes to the application form or word limits. Either way, if
you are limited by the submissions system in any way and wish to link
to an external document in any sensible format (html, pdf, doc) we're
always happy to read it.

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm looking forward to reading your
application. Best,