[lowrisc-dev] Problem compiling bare metal examples

Wei Song ws327 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 12:32:04 GMT 2016

It might be an issue of name hierarchy?
If you put chip_top into a submodule, get_cells may not find the ram as
the name of rams now prefixed with module names.
Can you double check whether there is any ram at all? And might be the
name of rams are prefixed.

-Wei

On 03/03/2016 12:28, Alexis Ramos Amo wrote:
> Thank you both for your answer, > > I've uploaded the log to dropbox >
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mad2sylncu5qm9/search-ramb.log?dl=0 > > > The
modification I've made is integrating chip_top.sv (and all its
hierarchy) inside the IP wrapper, alongside with the other verilogs. Of
course I've declared I/O of chip_top into the IP wrapper and I've
connected the clock given by the IP as output, to the chip_top clk > >
If I run report_property [get_cells ram_reg_1] {LOC} I get "No cells
matched 'ram_reg_1'  . In the RTL module I see the same components as
the default lowRISC configuration. > > I'm going to try with don't touch
constraints but any other ideas are welcome > Best regards > > Alexis
Ramos Amo > > -----Mensaje original----- > De: Wei Song
[mailto:ws327 at cam.ac.uk] > Enviado el: jueves, 03 de marzo de 2016 12:29
> Para: Stefan Wallentowitz; Alexis Ramos Amo;
lowrisc-dev at lists.lowrisc.org > Asunto: Re: [lowrisc-dev] Problem
compiling bare metal examples > > Hello Alexis and Stefan, > > Strangely
I cannot see the log attached but according to Stefan's confirmation,
the problem indeed is related to the boot ram. > So the lowRISC SoC
boots from an on-FPGA block-RAM named "ram" in chip_top.sv. > Search for
comment "the inferred BRAM". > The script bmm_gen.py is trying to
automatically identify this block-ram then the compiled hello executable
can be loaded into it. > > For your modification to the lowRISC SoC,
have you changed anything related to this "ram", or is there any change
to the chip-level interconnect that makes Vivado to optimize the ram
away? > > Best regards, > Wei > > On 03/03/16 10:59, Stefan Wallentowitz