[lowrisc-dev] Problem compiling bare metal examples

Alexis Ramos Amo aramosam at nebrija.es
Thu Mar 3 09:59:53 GMT 2016

Hello all,

I've made some modifications in the project for nexys4. I've integrated an IP and changed the hierarchy by creating a wrapper for chip_top (the top identity in default untethered lowRISC) and my others verilog files.

I can create a bitstream without any problem but if I want to make a bare metal example alongside with my modification I get the following error

$make hello

[...]

vivado -mode batch -source ../../common/script/search_ramb.tcl -tclargs lowrisc-chip-imp > search-ramb.log
python ../../common/script/bmm_gen.py search-ramb.log src/boot.bmm 128 65536
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../common/script/bmm_gen.py", line 23, in <module>
    if int(sys.argv[3]) % len(rams) != 0:
make[1]: *** [src/boot.bmm] Error 1

How can I compile a program (in this case hello world) in order to be used with my project?

Kind Regards

Alexis