[lowrisc-dev] PCR Interrupts

Wei Song ws327 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 18:32:27 BST 2016

Hello Francesco,

The interrupt sources are simply or-reduced and connected to the irq pin
of each core.
There is an enable register (per core in PCR) which can be used to
disable certain interrupt source.
If a core decide to enable a source and response, it can read the
pending register in pcr (if level triggered) or poll actual devices to
find out the outstanding interrupts.
If level-triggered, core needs to handle interrupt directly with the
source device until the device withdraw its interrupt.

I would say it is better to use a level triggered interrupt.
Edge triggered interrupt may need special hardware treatment.

We will add a proper interrupt controller in the next code release.

-Wei