[lowrisc-dev] Memory-mapped SPI flash on Nexys4?

Wei Song ws327 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 12:16:09 BST 2016

Hello Jonathan,

Sorry if I misunderstand something here.
Although SD card and Flash both use SPI interfaces, they are not
requested to use the same SPI interface.
To support Flash, a second Quad SPI interface can be added. Then there
should be no issue in using them at the same time.
As for choosing where the firmware and the Kernel is loaded from, they
can be loaded from flash as well if that is with benefits for some reason.
However, the future plan is to use CoreBoot, which I think providing
more flexibility.

Best regards,
Wei