[lowrisc-dev] Re: [musl] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V Project #5

Szabolcs Nagy nsz at port70.net
Sun Jul 3 15:24:46 BST 2016

* Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino at gmail.com> [2016-07-03 09:42:00 +0900]:
> Some failures are expected since musl on x86_64 also does the same
> ones (e.g. errors in src/api/fcntl.c), but there are some unexpected
> errors too. I guess that the "warning: <the name of a header> is
> shorter than expected" warning indicates bugs in arch-dependent part
> of I/O functions or system calls (or kernel?) and it causes syntax
> errors in the same compilation unit.

try to figure out this error:

cc1: warning: src/regression/printf-fmt-g-zeros.c is shorter than expected
In file included from src/regression/printf-fmt-g-zeros.c:3:0:
/usr/include/stdio.h:8:22: warning: /usr/include/features.h is shorter than expected
 #include <features.h>
                      ^
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:22:0,
                 from src/regression/printf-fmt-g-zeros.c:3:
/usr/include/bits/alltypes.h:46:19: error: missing ')' after "defined"
 #if defined(__NEED_suseconds_t) && !defined(__DEFINED_suseconds_t)
                   ^

is this a native toolchain?
i thought you would cross compile things first
(although libc-test is not set up to easily run
the tests in a simulator after cross compiling)

it might be some filesystem issue if there are
truncated files.