[lowrisc-dev] lowRISC GSoCs and documentation

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Tue May 19 13:21:54 BST 2015

On 18 May 2015 at 15:08, Stefan Wallentowitz <stefan.wallentowitz at tum.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> thanks to the students for the interesting projects. Really looking
> forward to the results.
>
> I would like to propose something for the RISC V-related projects. As
> you for sure already discovered, large parts of the implementation stuff
> is nearly undocumented. So I would find it a great output of this GSoC
> if we not only have proper documentation of your projects, but also have
> a collection of notes or source code documentation for upstream. I think
> this is beneficial for the progress of lowRISC, although it should of
> course be the other way around. Alex, maybe we should have a (github)
> repo/wiki for such stuff? Any comments?

Hi Stefan, complete agreement from me, huge +1. The ultimate ambition
should be that for any given piece of open source software, the
RISC-V/lowRISC port can serve as a reference for others. As you say -
contributing documentation is going to be an important step for this.

I'll aim to share a public phabricator (http://phabricator.org/) for
collaborating on this kind of thing as well as general
collaboration+bug tracking later in the week.

Thanks,