[lowrisc-dev] Fabrication process

Chris McGee sirnewton_01 at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 31 14:37:56 GMT 2014

Hi All,

The security implications are interesting, but not entirely what I was asking about. Even the process of taking a processor design, finding an appropriate fabrication facility and having them produce chips is opaque to me. I would find it enlightening to know how lowRISC worked through these stages.

From a security perspective are there techniques to verify that the silicon is in fact what is in the design, nothing more, nothing less? I'm assuming that ROMs are easily verified by dumping their contents.

Cheers
Chris